The Michigan Osteopathic Association exclusively endorses The Doctors Company. Our partnership provides MOA members with the protection of the nation’s largest physician-owned medical malpractice insurer. The Doctors Company has always been guided by a fundamental belief: that the practice of good medicine should be advanced, protected, and rewarded.
Backed by the financial strength of more than $4 billion in assets and a nationwide membership of 78,000, The Doctors Company offers MOA members expert guidance, resources, and coverage. That’s what The Doctors Company means by taking the “mal” out of malpractice insurance.
Through its Physician Advisory Board, where two of our very own MOA Board Members participate as your representatives, The Doctors Company works closely with the MOA to identify and resolve critical issues for Michigan physicians.
Extensive benefits for MOA members
• Program discount of 5 percent for qualified members with a favorable claims history.
• Additional claims-free credit of up to 25 percent for eligible members.
• Participation in the Tribute® Plan, an unrivaled financial benefit that rewards member loyalty and commitment to superior patient care.
• Participation in a multiyear dividend program.
• The industry’s most aggressive claims defense.
• Unsurpassed coverage options, including standard claims-made with free tail after one year,* occurrence, and claims-made with prepaid tail.
• Industry-leading patient safety tools and programs, plus free web-based and live CME.
• VerdictGuard® provides an additional $1 million in coverage when you carry policy limits of at least $1 million/$3 million.
• Automatic protection against privacy breach and Medicare reviews through CyberGuard® cyber liability coverage and MediGuard® regulatory risk coverage.
*For a mature claims-made policy. All policy provisions are subject to regulatory and underwriting approval.